Saturday, March 21, 2009

Mummy, you my best friend!

Maddie said the cutest thing tonight. She was super, super cuddly and of course I loved it! She kept giving me kisses and then she turned to me and said "mummy, you my best friend!" So sweet! Then when I was tucking her in at night I gave her a kiss and said "I love you Maddie" like I say every night and she said "I love you too mummy, forever and ever and ever...!" This is something I have said to the girls before, but she was the first to repeat it. Melted my heart!

This morning was my turn to sleep in. John is really good and he takes the girls out for breakfast, or they make pancakes at home. He always waits for me to wake up (I am a pretty early riser anyway and up by 9-ish even on my sleep-in days) and keeps the girls out of our room. It must have been around 8:00 a.m and I felt something touch my side (I was burried under the covers). I ignored it and felt it again, this time it tickled and I jumped. I heard a giggle. I poked my head out from the covers and Emma was standing there. She looked like Maddie and I said "Maddie, go downstairs, it's mummy's sleep-in day." Her face totally fell and she said "I Emma and I want to say hi to you." So of course I felt badly and pulled her into the bed with me and we cuddled for a bit. John thought she was downstairs (he had taken Maddie to the bathroom). He said he came up to look for Emma, and came into our room but she must have been hidden under the covers at that time. After a few minutes Emma said "ok mama, I go downstairs now and you have your sleep-in!" I went back to sleep and they came in an hour or so later with my morning cup of Timmy's! If I have to be woken up, the best way is with a cuddle and a cup of coffee!

No comments: