Sunday, July 4, 2010

Fun in the Sun

It's been a great first weekend of summer for us. We had a bbq on Canada Day, Jenn's b-day party on Sat and today we went to the splash pad for about 3 hours. The girls had fun playing with some other kids at the park and the ice cream truck came and all the kids beelined it over to the truck. It's hard to say no to them when I wanted one too (as did John). Then we came home and the girls splashed around in the kiddie pool in the backyard, played in the sprinkler and fished with their fishing rods. They were zonked and headed to bed early tonight. As I was tucking them in Emma says "mummy, you are the best superhero, not daddy. When I asked why she said because I smell nice, my skin is soft and I save kids from scary cities and really big trucks". Quite the eclectic criteria for a superhero!

No comments: