Tuesday, August 10, 2010

August 10 2010

Couldn't come up with a better title! lol So the girls are in Kinder Camp all day this week. It's a program through Parks and Rec that gets them ready for kinder. They love it, especially the water games. They make neat crafts, including a guitar made out of a water bottle, empty kleenex box and elastics. Emma's fell apart but she was very mature about it. Maddie has been playing hers all night. Maddie's backpack weighs more than she does and I always think she's about to tip over each time she puts it on. They look like such little girls now, growing up so fast and ready for school. Wah! I am happy for them as they are excited, but can't believe they start school soon (which means I am back in the classroom soon)!

Tonight after dinner Emma says "I wish mom and dad only had one girl" and when we said which one she said Maddie! ha! Not sure where she was going with that comment but it was funny. The girls are getting along well, it helps when they aren't sitting at home all day with not a lot of activities. They are with me for the last 3-4 weeks of the summer so I will be sure to have lot's of activities and outings planned. It just makes for a more pleasant day and minimizes the fighting. The more experience I have with parenting the more I sound like my own parents! lol

No comments: