Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Cute Stories

The girls and I were getting ready to pick John up from work yesterday. I told them to get their shoes on. They can both put their crocs on themselves, and Emma can put her velcro Nike sandals on by herself. I asked them to wait for me by the door. I was getting some things together and I went out to the laundry room and Emma was waiting by the door to the garage. I said "where's Maddie?" and she said "I dunno. Maddie, where are you?" So I called out Madison's name and I heard her say "yes? I ovah here mama." She was halfway up the stairs. I said "Maddie, where are you going?" and she said "I go get daddy." So cute! She thought John was upstairs sleeping, because normally when I tell them we are going to get daddy, it's on the weekends when we go to wake him up. I said "Mads, we are going to get daddy at his work, in the car." She started laughing and laughing. It was so cute that she realized what she had done was so funny.

Emma was trying on her Happy Birthday princess tiara that she likes to wear these days. I told her that Mummy's birthday was coming up soon, in September. She said "mama's happy birthday?" I said "yep" and she said "we gonna have a princess party?" and I said "sure" and she said "you gonna eat happy birthday cake?" "of course" and she said "and I eat happy birthday cake too?" "yep" and she said "yahoo, I love mama happy birthday!"

We went to the indoor play gym the other day. The girls had a blast on the slide. Emma figured out how to climb up the slide. When she got to the top for the first time she waved her hands in the air and said "mum, I did it myself!" So Maddie tried it but she couldn't get past the middle. Emma went around and tried to push her bum up. It was so cute watching Emma try to push Maddie up the slide. Maddie just giggled and said "it swippewy" (it's slippery in case anyone missed that)! They dressed up in Princess costumes and Emma asked me to dance with her. A lady there said it was very precious to watch. She asked Emma what her name was and Emma said "I pwincess." The woman then asked if Princess had a name and Emma said "yes, pink."! So she was Princess Pink! We ate lunch there and they left without incident even though they were having a great time.

1-2-3 Magic seems to be working well. Today the girls had open cups with straws in them at dinner. They were drinking their water and they started to put their hands the cup. I said "don't put your hand in your cups, just drink with your straw." Emma continued putting her hand in and I said "Emma, that's one, if Mummy gets to three I will take your cup away". She pulled her hand out and a few minutes later I noticed she went to put her hand in again but then she quickly pulled it out. So far so good!

No comments: