Thursday, August 21, 2008

"She did it!"

John and I were busy with the hustle and bustle of things when we get home today. The girls were playing quietly (that should have been our first clue) in the living room. Maddie ran by me with a crayon in her hand. I thought to myself "that's strange, I don't remember putting crayons and paper out yesterday" and I wandered over to see what was going on. I said "Maddie, there is no paper, what are you colouring on?" to which she responded "the wall." I said "the wall?" as I ran over to investigate. Sure enough, there were scribbles on the wall below the window. I stared at Emma and Madison, who both had a crayon in their hands and said "who did this?" In unison they responded "she did!" Hysterical! Way to sell each other out! John and I were laughing uncontrollably. I said "who did it?" and Emma said "Maddie did it" and Maddie said "it Emma, it Emma." So John tried to use psychology on them and he said "wow, this one is nice, who did that?" to which tey both replied "I did it! dat me" It was hilarious and this write-up really doesn't do justice to how funny it actually was. We took it quite well, surprisingly. We weren't upset by it. I said "that's what kids do" and John said "the walls are white, we'll be painting anyway." But we reminded them that crayons are for paper only although I'm sure that's not nearly as much fun!

No comments: