Sunday, August 2, 2009

Whittamore's Farm

We took the girls to Whittamore's Farm yesterday. It's a farm located in Markham, on Taunton Rd (Steeles). They have amazing food to buy (corn, berries etc) and a great place for kids to play. They have a jumping castle, wagon ride (hay and all), tree houses, sandpits, mini-tractors the kids can ride, swings etc etc. We had a great day. The weather was perfect and it wasn't too crowded. The only thing the girls didn't like was the jumping castle because it had big cow heads (not real, inflatable) in it and they were scared in spite of my efforts. I thought Emma might go in so I gave her a gentle push and she said "hey, mama, no pushing" and I said "I wasn't pushing, I was gently encouraging you" and I got a few laughs from surrounding parents. Last night after we had tucked them in and closed the door Emma called "mama?" so I opened the door a crack to find out what she wanted and she said "I had a great time at the farm." We will definately be making another visit to Whittamore's!

No comments: