Thursday, April 10, 2008

First Time Apart!

So today the girls experienced their first time apart ever. I had plans to go shopping with my friend Tina after school. The plan was to bring the girls along, so Tina could see them and so we could head home straight from the mall. When I got to Julie's, Emma was ready but Maddie was sound asleep. Julie went to wake her (I could see her sleeping away on the couch) and she opened her eyes, looked at us and then went right back to sleep. Julie suggested I leave Mads to sleep, so Emma and I went shopping. As we were leaving Julie's, Emma realized Maddie wasn't coming and she said "Maddie, wake up, hafta come." I explained that we were going shopping and we would get Maddie later, after she wakes from her nap. As we drove to the mall, Emma asked over and over (and over and over) "where Maddie?" "Maddie coming?" "Maddie, where r u?" When we got to the mall she was distracted, but she still asked. When she couldn't see Tina, she would aske "where Tina?" After our shopping trip we went to pick up Maddie. She was fine and Julie said she asked twice "where Emma?" and that was it. It was sort of nice to spend time with Emma by herself. I am going to do the same with Maddie.

We met with a potential daycare provider for the summer. I want to put the girls in daycare for 2 days a week throughout July and August, to give myself a break. A friend of mine said Tuesdays and Thursdays will become my islands of relaxation! We found a wonderful lady who has an amazing set-up in her house. We haven't made a decision yet, but we are definately leaning towards her. When we went to visit her, the girls didn't want to leave! She has every toy imaginable and she has two cats! On the way home from the visit, the girls kept asking to see the cats again. They called the cats Odie and Lola, after my parents and sister's cats. One of her cats is actually named Lola coincidentally and the other one is Oscar. So the drive home was "more Oscar, more Loler." Too cute!

No comments: