Friday, April 4, 2008

Want Pop Now!

It's been awhile since I have posted! Sorry to those who look forward to this everyday and have been asking me to post! LOL! I am taking a course and that in combination with taking care of the girls and my job is keeping me very busy. The girls continue to be amazing as always. They are so funny these days. It seems every day they are saying something new. Today Emma said "3 points Calderone" for the basketball player. She learns all about basketball and hockey at daycare, much to John's delight. Maddie and Emma both say "how bout dis?" when they are asking what's this? So they point to different objects they want to know the name's of and say "how bout dis?, how bout dis?" John and I constantly ask Emma where things are because we love to hear her say "wight dere, wight dere." So funny!

Today Miss Maddie fell asleep on the drive home. So cute and peaceful. But then she wasn't in the best mood for the rest of the night. She can be very quiet, compared to Miss Chatterbox Emma. I find with Maddie, everything she does is on her terms. She talks when she wants to, she eats when she wants to and she only cuddles when she wants to, not when you ask. Whereas Emma will readily give a kiss and a hug if you ask for one. Emma is definately more cuddly than Maddie at this age, so we have to hold on to Maddie when she does indeed feel like it.

I have a funny daycare story about both girls. Julie said to me that Emma was really upset the other day and kept saying 'me sausage, me sausage." Julie couldn't understand why she was so sad and so she figured Emma really wanted a sausage, so she went to the freezer, took out a package of frozen sausages and said "is this what you want?" Emma cried "no, me sausage." We almost peed ourselves laughing when I told her that she wants to be wrapped in her blanket like a sausage, which is what we call it! Julie said "no wonder she was dragging the blanket with her while she said it." So now Julie knows to wrap Emma in her blanket "like a sausage!"

Maddie had a similar story. She kept asking for pop. "Want pop pease Auntie Jooly." So Julie gave her a water bottle, which we call pop (some day they will be wise to our tricks, but until then, we call it pop and juice, but really it's water). She threw the bottle on the ground and said "want pop now!" I later explained that pop is what they call lollipops! These girls need to come with their own translators!

Madison is eating like a champ these days. She practically ate an entire roast chicken leg by herself the other night. She kept asking for more and I even checked under her chair to make sure she wasn't dropping it. Nope, she was eating it! She loves chicken with dip (sauce)!

Tomorrow we are checking out a few daycare places in hopes of finding a suitable place for them to go to in the summer. Wish us luck!

No comments: