Sunday, April 13, 2008

Grumpy Girls!

Today was a day of grumpy girls! Not sure what the deal was, as they slept over 12 hours last night and had a 2 hour nap this afternoon. I think it was sort of a boring day. We usually do errands on the weekends and we had planned to take them outside, but it was quite cold today and their snowpants are at Julie's house. So we played in the playroom, upstairs and watched a movie, but they seemed tired and cranky. We had a lot of time outs today. Emma and Madison would fight over toys, and end up pushing or hitting one another. At one point I pulled Emma away from Madison and she said "Mummy, no pushing" to which I sheepishly replied "actually, I pulled you, I didn't push!" During their bath, Emma hit Madison on the head. I didn't put her in time out, which I normally do, so I just said in a firm voice "Emma, no hitting, we do not hit." She was mad at me and she took a cup of water and threw it at me! I pulled her out of the bath, threw a towel around her and put her against the wall for time out. She sat there with shampoo still in her hair, soaking wet and staring at me like she was shocked that I actually pulled her out of the bath for a time out. She seemed sad too, and when her time out was over she said "sowwy mummy, no do it" meaning she won't do it again.

One cute thing I need to mention is Emma now calls Maddie "Mads" which is the nickname John and I have for her. At first I didn't realize what she was saying. I thought she was telling me she was mad, but I realized she was calling for her sister, "Mads!"

No comments: