Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Mad-chu

In case you are wondering, Mad-chu is what Emma said to me this morning, which translates to "mad at you!" I always tell the girls to use their words instead of whining, crying, screaming or yelling. I give them examples by saying "if you are mad at mummy, say, mummy I am angry, or mummy I am mad at you..." Well, I guess my teaching is paying off so to speak because this morning, at daycare drop Emma told me she was mad at me. When I drop them at Julie's, they walk to the house from the van, but with the warm weather, it's more of a saunter, a lollygag, a stop-and-examine-every-rock walk to the house. This morning, Emma would not go inside. I had to go to work, so I said "Emma, you either walk to the house now, or Mummy is going to go over and pick you up. You choose." She said "I no go house." So I said "ok, I am coming to pick you up." She started to run away from me (picture me chasing her in my work clothes, high heels and all). I finally caught up to her, and of course, Madison, who was in the doorway of the house, comes over to rescue her sister. So now I have Emma going limp in my arms, so I throw her over my shoulder, and Maddie trying to pull her out of my arms. I finally get them into the house. Emma runs right over to see Rhett, who is 3 and she calls him Rhetsy. Every morning they give me lot's of kisses and hugs when I leave. Maddie gave me a kiss and hug but Emma wouldn't come over. I finally said "ok, I am going now, but I am sad as I didn't get my hug and kiss from Emma." So, she comes over, but turns her head when I go to kiss her. I say "no kiss for me?" She says "no." I say why? She says "madchu." Huh? I ask her to say it again and she says "madchu." I finally decipher that she is mad at me. I say "Emma, are you mad at mummy?" to which she responds "yes." I then say "ok, can you be mad at me but still give me a kiss bye-bye?" She nods, gives me a kiss and a hug.

Julie took the girls to the park yesterday and there were some older kids there. Julie told me how good Emma is at standing up for her and her sister. She would say "Emma turn, Maddie turn." And when the other kids would bud, she would say "no, Maddie turn now." Maddie is a little more passive. She may have to fight harder due to her size, but I have no doubt she will do it, as she does it when she really wants something.

Madison has her hearing test on Friday. Nothing to be concerned about, it's all part of the follow-up appointments as she was a preemie. John is taking the day off too and we are going to enjoy the afternoon after she is finished. Wish us luck that everything turns out fine!

No comments: