Monday, June 30, 2008

I guess kids are resilient...

We had a great day at the zoo today. Maddie and Emma loved all the animals and ran around for over 2 hours. They saw an elephant go "pee pee" and it looked like a shower! Maddie laughed at that and at the "monkeys" (as she called them) and their funny "coloured bum bums!" We got home and I was carrying Emma into the house through the garage. She wanted to push the garage door opener, and she started sticking her foot out at it. I told her she can push it with her hand, as she always does. She dove right out of my arms and fell onto the step head first. John was holding Maddie but he managed to sort of break her fall, as did I as I tried to stick my foot out so she would hit that and not the wooden step. Anyway, she was obviously hurt but not bleeding. I was shaking and thinking about calling 911, but when we got inside she was ok, if a little shaken. She said "I hurt, I fell down stairs." I said "please don't jump out of mummy's arms like that again, ok?" and she said "ok mama, don't like hurt." When I brought her up later for bed, she was clutching onto me for dear life. She was fine after the fall, but we were both shaken up. Madison was very loving, and came over to see if Emma was ok.

Yesterday we went to get groceries. John took Maddie in a cart and I took Emma. There was an older gentleman in one of the aisles and Emma said "I Emma, what's your name?" and he came over to her and shook her hand and said "Hi Emma, I'm Grampy." She said "no, you not my gampa" and started to laugh. He said "That's right, I'm not your grandpa but I am someone's grandpa" and she said (a little louder) "you not my gampa!" It was very funny and cute.

No comments: