Friday, June 20, 2008

Sibling Rivalry, field trips and popcorn!

This morning as I was bringing the girls downstairs after they woke up, Emma put her hand against Maddie's face and said "no, don't like Maddie. My mummy." I said "you love Maddie, she is your twin sister, you just don't want to share mummy." She sort of grumbled but I know she understood. Julie took the girls on a "field trip" today. They took the bus and the subway. Julie said the girls were the best behaved kids she has ever had on one of these trips. They loved the bus and subway and they talked to everyone. One man said "hi there" and Emma said "Hi, I Emma." He asked "are you going to school?" and she said "no, I on school BUS." Cute. The bus driver honked for them and stuck his head out the window to wave bye as they got off. They clutched their transfers and Madison did not want to get off the bus. Julie said it was a great trip.

Las night we had corn on the cob at dinner. We gave them half a cob each. I started to cut the corn off the cob for them and Emma said "no mama, want big corn." She did really well biting it off the cob. Madison needed hers cut, her mouth is a bit smaller, and she kept calling it popcorn! She said "yummy popcorn, more popcorn mama?" Too funny!

We are supposed to go to Wonderland tomorrow for a special Hewlett-Packard sponsored event (cheaper tickets) but it's supposed to rain (thunder and lightning) so we may have to do something indoors. I am looking forward to being finished school (one more week and then I do my happy dance) so I can spend a great summer with my two favourite little girls!

No comments: