Sunday, November 1, 2009

Halloween 2009

The girls had a great time trick or treating. They dressed up like Princesses again and it was all they could talk about for weeks leading up to it. It was really cold last night but that didn't stop them. The houses in our neighbourhood were decked out with amazing decorations that included scary skeletons, strobe lights and music. One lady was in the driveway handing it out wearing a pretty scary mask. The girls hesitated going to her but I said it was just a nice lady wearing a scary mask. So Emma went over to her and said "my mum says you are nice and you aren't going to bite me." Ha ha! Cute. Maddie would run up to each house while keeping one hand on her pants to hold them up! That girl will be 4 in March and she is still wearing size 2 pants and they are even falling off her. They are too short, but there are no adjustable fleece or track pants, which is what she wore under her dress. Their hands were freezing but they refused to put them in their pockets or wear gloves. After each house they would say "I want to go to another house. Again, again!" After about an hour mom and dad got tired and cold so we went home. They were ok with it and chose a couple of treats to eat that night. The next day they asked about the candy once but weren't really that interested in it. John and I ate too much of it and are giving the rest away tomorrow! I know that won't last, as they get older there is no way we will be able to throw their candy out or give it away, but this year we can!

Tonight after I closed the girls door once the bedtime routine was over I was standing at the hall closet putting a towel away. The closet is right beside their room and I overheard this conversation:

Maddie: I love you Emma

Emma: Love you too Mads

Maddie: Goodnight Ems

Emma: Nighty Night Madison

Maddie: Do you think the monsters are sleeping?

Emma: yeah, mama shooed them away.

Cutest things ever. I love conversations like these! They really do love each other in spite of their many fights! lol

We got the girls the H1N1 vaccine. I lined up for 6 hours and 40 minutes while John stayed at home with the girls. I called them to come when I was about half an hour from getting the actual shot and the timing was perfect. In line Emma kept asking what we were doing and I didn't have the heart to tell her, so I just deflected her questions. When we got to the room where they were giving the shots, she clued in pretty quickly as to what was happening and started freaking out. It was a struggle to get her jacket and sweater off and I had to hug hold her. She tensed up her arm so it hurt even more and then she screamed a good 15 minutes after it was over (it only hurt for half a second). She got so worked up she was gagging and dry-heaving. Maddie cried for the second the needle went in and that was it. All night Emma whined about her arm and then John and I told her it was the OTHER arm she got poked in. So she switched and started complaining about that one! Slightly melodramatic, no? Later that night she said "I don't want to get any more pokes mama!" Little does she know she goes back in 3 weeks for her second dose!

No comments: