Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Aunt Sue is taking the train up to Ottawa so last night she dropped off some gifts for us to bring up in the van. The girls were awake and saw the bags of presents and we told them they had to wait until Christmas. So this is the conversation I had with my daughter, Miss Maddie, this morning just after 7 when she appeared at my bedside:

Maddie: Mummy, now can we open Aunt Sue's presents?
Me (still half asleep): huh?
Maddie: Aunt Sue's presents. Can we open them now?
Me (more fully awake): no
Maddie: (some sort of grunt or growl): but I want to open them NOW
Me: No Maddie, not until Christmas. 3 more sleeps.
Maddie: I don't want 3 more sleeps.
Me: Maddie, mummy said no. Go watch tv.
Maddie: grunt, scowl, growls out of the room!

Funny! She hasn't mentioned them since. The girls are colouring and I decided I would try and have a shower. I said "girls, mummy is going to have a quick shower. Will you be ok here for a few minutes?" They said yes. As I was walking up the stairs I heard the pitter patter of little feet. Maddie was at the bottom of the stairs and she yelled "come back soon mama, don't be too long. We are down here if you need us!" lol What a cutie!

No comments: