Friday, December 11, 2009

I'm not even second behind Santa? I'm 5th?!?

Here is the conversation the girls and I had this morning. Priceless!

Maddie: Mummy, I love you. You are first.
Me: I love you too Maddie. You mean I am number one?
Maddie: Yes, you number one.
Emma: No Madison, Santa is first.
Me: Ems, you mean you love Santa more than Mummy?
Emma (to her credit, she did seem to ponder this for a few seconds): yes because Santa brings me presents.
Me: well mummy gets you presents too.
Emma: But Santa has a roly poly belly and says "ho ho ho."
Me: Am I next after Santa then? Am I second?
Emma: no, you five.
Me: 5? Who else is before mummy?
Emma: Santa's "rein-goats".

Well, at least I know where I stand: behind Santa and 4 reindeer! Thank goodness Maddie still thinks I'm number one!

No comments: