Sunday, March 30, 2008

Emma: 2, Madison: 1

I am talking about injuries here. So far, in their short little lives, they have had may bumps, scrapes and bruises. As far as potentially more serious injuries, Emma has had two: the time she rolled off the bed when we stayed at the Chateau Frontenac and the other day when she drove her Barbie bike down 3 stairs. Those of you who haven't heard the Quebec story, the girls were 6-months and John and I had treated ourselves to a stay at the Chateau, and breakfast by room service. We had placed a baby on each of the two beds. I remember glancing over at them before eating, to make sure they were ok, and they were. As we marvelled over tiny bottles of ketchup and orange juice in champagne glasses, we heard a thud and then a piercing scream. Before I could even wedge myself between the bed and the breakfast cart, John had lept over the cart, over a stroller and grabbed Emma, who's tiny body was wedged between the bed and the nightstand. She was just in her diaper, and she was so little! After about 15 seconds she stopped screaming and calmed right down. Not even a bump or a bruise. Mummy and Daddy were definately worse for wear!

The bike incident happened just last week. She likes to tool around on her Barbie bike between the family room and the front door. I was changing Madison when I heard this huge crash followed by the familliar cry of a child who is pretty hurt and/or scared. I ran over, leaving Maddie half-diapered, to find Emma under her bike at the bottom of the stairs leading to the bathroom (about 3 stairs). I was trying to figure out which hospital to take her to, but when I picked her up she calmed down relatively quickly. She stayed in my arms for about a half hour, just cuddling (pure bliss) and then she was back on her bike, the little trooper. She did have a bloody nose, but nothing major. Phew.

It's funny too because in general. Maddie tends to be the clutz of the two of them, but she hasn't had anything really bad, other than the time she flew out of the Princess castle and landed on her head. I have that one on video. She was pretty shaken up as well, and she had a bump on her head, poor thing.

Today we are going to Tynen's 4th Birthday party at Chuck E. Cheese. The girls have been up since 6:30 (gross - yesterday they slept in until 8:30) so I am anticipating some crankiness. Hopefully they will be distracted by the kids and all the games!

No comments: