Sunday, May 4, 2008

Aunt Yenny's Baby Shower

Yenny and Steve are having a baby in 5 weeks and today was their baby shower. The girls wore the adorable outfits that they got from their grandparents on their birthday. The bottoms are jean skirts with built in rainbow leggings. Emma loves them and every time she wears them she flips up her skirt to show the leggings and says "look at me! The shower was great and the girls were wonderful. Maddie helped with all the cleaning up (the guests told me how impressed they were. They thought I had trained her well, little do they know that she just likes to do it)! They helped Yenny and Steve open all the presents. One of them was a book that we already have. They say down to read it together and Emma started with "one time" meaning once upon a time. There was an infant there, and of course Maddie paid special attention to the baby. Making sure she was tucked in the blanket and safe in her infant carrier. When the baby cried she said "uh-oh baby crying." Maddie is so maternal and loves babies, but I asked her if mummy should have another baby. She didn't hesitate and immediately said "no." I said "you don't want a brother or a sister?" and she said "no, Emma sister." Awwww, she already has her sister Emma and that's all she needs! Neither of the girls like it when other kids come near me. This one 10-month old girl was pulling up on me and they both went over and said "no, my mummy!" Too funny!

No comments: