Tuesday, May 6, 2008

They know our "real" names!

Julie taught the girls our real names! When you ask them what Daddy's real name is they both say his first and last name. When you ask what is mummy's last name they just say my last name. Apparently Maddie can say my first name too, but she hasn't said it in front of me. So cute! It sounds so adorable in their little voices. They are learning so much and speaking so well. After school yesterday Maddie said "mummy, saw 5 airplanes. Gone now." Wow!

Emma got her first time-out at daycare yesterday. She threw the buckets at Maddie when it was time to go inside (protesting that she didn't want to go inside, she wanted to play outside). Julie warned her not to do it, and she did it again. She sat on the time-out step the entire time and then went and said sorry to Maddie. Same as at home, so hopefully the consistency will pay off.

Emma is also on this new kick where she wants to wear her pyjama tops to school. She won't let us change her top. Her jammies have frogs on them and she is obsessed with frogs these days. When we were walking in the mall the other day she said "mummy, can I ribbit?" Which means "can I do leapfrog across the mall floor while saying ribbit?" Go for it Emma! So, I have 2 sets of pyjama tops, luckily, so I don't have to wash these shirts every day. I sort of cringed the other day because the top totally didn't match her pants, and I tried to coax her into wearing the matching top, but she said "no, want wear dis one." I have learned to pick my battles with these kids, so off she went in her pj top, wearing a completely mis-matched outfit! Sigh!

No comments: