Thursday, May 15, 2008

Mama I Need Hug

It seems Miss Emma has discovered the difference between "want" and "need." Until a week ago she would say "I want dis one" when referring to wearing her pyjama top to daycare. Now, it's "I need dis one." It appears that it has nothing to do with a preference for a specific shirt, but she is exercising her right not to "have" to change into a new shirt each morning! So I started to dress her in the top I want her to wear the next day, when we get our jammies on at night. So she wears the top to bed and again to daycare! Saves on laundry at least! Well, every morning at daycare drop off I get a hug and a kiss from Emma and Madison. Today as I pulled out of Julie's driveway, Julie came running out with Emma in her arms. I got out of the car in time to hear Emma say "Mama I need hug!" She was quite distraught and Julie said that I had in fact forgotten to get my Emma hug, (I did get a kiss though)! I caught Maddie before they went to play with Julie's new play kitchen, so as I was saying my goodbyes to Emma, I overlooked the hug (well, she ran off before I could get it)! So, in Julie's driveway Emma and I shared our goodbye hug. Sigh, bliss!

Madison's vocabulary has really taken off in the last week. I think she has grown a lot too. She looks like a little girl now. She loves to spot airplaines and has a great ear for them when they fly over the house. She also talks to the birds and the big trucks when we drive to school each day. They are growing up so fast!

No comments: