Friday, October 17, 2008

Flower girls in the making

Today we had the rehearsal dinner for our friend's wedding on Saturday. John is best man and the girls are flower girls. It was between 6-7 so very close to their bedtime. When we got there they were given bubbles, because the plan is to have them blow bubbles as they walk down the aisle. At first they couldn't quite do it. Emma would blow way too hard and Madison kept putting the wand on her lips (then spitting out the yucky taste of the bubbles). They finally got the hang of it and everytime they blew a bubble they would squeal "I did it, I did it mama. Hi five!" So when it came time for the first of three run throughs, they were both really upset that I wasn't standing with them. I am to sit in the front row, so they can sit with me once they walk down the aisle. Maddie kept running towards me and we couldn't contain her at the back of the church. So after a brief delay and a bribe of a lollipop once they walk down the aisle, they started to walk. Each time they blew the bubble they yelled "I did it! I did it!" Second run-through Maddie had a huge tantrum because I wouldn't let her bring her lolipop down the aisle with her. I explained she could have it when she walked slowly down the aisle, but she didn't like that so she had a tantrum and then eventually walked down the aisle. The third run through Maddie crawled down the aisle, and Emma walked behind her. Sigh. I have zero expectations for Saturday as I don't want to stress over it. My friends are very laid back and said if they crawl or run down the aisle we don't care, we just want them to be a part of it. So sweet.Emma seems to be potty-trained during the day. She no longer wants to wear a diaper so I will be getting her pull-ups for night time. It's still taking some getting used to to see her going on the potty. it's really cute. Everytime she goes she says "you proud of me mama?" because I kept saying that I was so proud of her when she first started using it. So sweet. Maddie goes on more than she used to, but so far nothing happens. She's getting closer though! She is an eating machine these days. It's so cute when she says "I hungry mama, I need snack!" It must be a growth spurt!

No comments: