Wednesday, October 8, 2008

It's been ages since I have posted and that is due to our crazy computer. It crashes mid-post and that's when I can actually log on. So hopefully this one works. I should give a bit of background for this next story. I had an early dentis app. on Saturday, so I was gone before the girls woke up. John went in to get them, whereas it's usually both of us, or it's just me. So this morning, I got a funny wake-up call. This was the conversation (and they were yelling at, not talking to each other):Maddie: daddy comingEmma: no, mummy. Mummy is coming.Maddie: NO, I said daddy, mummy bwuff teef, daddy coming in now.Emma: NO, daddy seeping, mama coming. MamaMaddie: NOEmma: YESMaddie: NOetc etc I think you get the point. These two argue over everything these days. When I went in to get them Emma said "she angwy wif me." Sigh, too much! We went to the Markham Fair today and although it was very cold, we had a great time. The girls walked around and looked at all the animals. Maddie introduced herself to all the animals. They got to see Dora and Diego and they begged to ride the elephant, but the line-up was too long and it had started to rain.The girls have grown so much and are truly little girls now. They love to watch themselves as babies on video. They start talking in baby talk and they crawl around the floor saying "look mummy, I'm a baby again." Emma has been amazing with the potty training. She goes on the potty all day long during the week, even when she is wearing a diaper. Julie thinks she will be totally trained by Christmas, so we shall see. Maddie was all gung ho at first but now she has decided she wants nothing to do with it. So we will wait until she is ready, it will happen on her own time. Maddie is doing great with her vocabulary. She talks up a storm now. She is not as clear as Emma, but she is saying almost the same things. Today in the bath Emma said "don't touch my coffee cup. It vewy hot and you will burn yousewf." That was quite the sentence! She was also watching tv and she saw big waves crashing on the beach and she said "wada, don't do dat, dat vewy dangewous." Too cute! Maddie will repeat parts of what Emma says. As much as they fight, they play together wonderfully at times. They always need to know where the other one is. If Maddie falls Emma runs over to pick her up and says "I help you Maddie." When they are in a sharing mood and one of them asks to play with a toy the other one has, they will say "yes, of course you can have it." AWWWW! I love this phase (seems like I say that regardless of how old they are) and I can't wait to see what comes next!

No comments: