Friday, October 31, 2008

Happy Halloween!

Wow, so it's been ages since I posted despite being able to post at work, where my computer is not posessed! I have lot's to write about but the best thing is Emma is potty-trained! Woo hoo! Emma is fully (daytime only, we still put her in a diaper at night but it's always dry in the morning) trained and Maddie is almost there but she doesn't do "pine cones" (number 2) in the potty yet. Emma can actually do the whole thing herself. She gets to the bathroom, takes everything off (pants, undies), hoists herself on, wipes, washes her hands etc. I just stand there watching. It's amazing really!

So today is Halloween and the girls are princesses, of course. They wore their costumes yesterday for their daycare party. At dinner, I told Madison she needs to take her costume off or put a bib on as she can be a bit messy and I wanted to keep the costumes somewhat clean for Halloween night. She put the bib on and Emma ran towards the front door. I didn't think anything of it at the time. About a minute or two later I went to call Emma for dinner. No answer. I walked the hallway towards the front door, thinking maybe she had gone to the potty. No Emma. I head upstairs, and I am starting to panic. No Emma. I scream down to John that she isn't upstairs and John joins the search. I am looking upstairs more thoroughly, while yelling her name, and John calls up that he has found her. She was in the closet in the laundry room just sobbing. When she sees me she dives into my arms. I ask her why she ran away and why is she so upset? Her response: "I don't want to off-a my dwess." Sigh. "Emma, you don't have to take off your princess dress. You can just put on a bib, ok?" "Ok." That was that. I thought for sure we would be in for it when it came time to get into jammies, but both girls (now exhausted from all the daytime party activity) complied and were sound asleep as their heads hit the pillow.

I can't wait to take them trick-or-treating tonight. It will be tons of fun and they are really looking forward to it. I will update how things went soon!

No comments: