Friday, October 10, 2008

Poor Emma

It seems little Emma has her second ear infection. She was not herself from the moment she got up yesterday. She was up early, very clingy, didn't want to go to daycare, took 2 naps, no appetite and kept saying "I want my mummy." Julie called me around 3 and told me that Emma kept saying her ear hurts and that "it feels like there is wada in dere" so I left school right away and took her to a walk-in clinic up in Aurora. While we were in the waiting room Emma went up to the receptionist's desk and said "lady you needa check my ear, it huwts." The receptionist melted of course, and I can't be sure, but we got called in next. The doctor was amazing. She was so good with children. When she was checking her ear she said "is Dora in there?" etc etc and both girls thought this was hilarious. She let Emma listen to her heartbeat (Maddie didn't want to when she was offered) and it was a very pleasant visit all things considered. We got the same response as last year, too much wax to see anything. Since Ems didn't have a fever or anything else she just said to give her meds for the pain and if she gets a fever or is still complaining in 48 hours, we are to go back. This morning she had no fever but she did say her ear still hurts. Hopefully it will clear on its own poor thing. I hardly slept last night as I was so worried she would wake up in pain, but she slept right through (whereas I only slept for 3.5 hours)! Sigh, the trials and tribulations of being a mum!

No comments: