Wednesday, October 8, 2008

More cuteness from the twins

I am going to try and do most of my postings from work, since my computer works there. Hopefully ours will be sorted out soon enough. When we leave for work in the morning, John helps me put the girls in the car and then he gives them kisses and then he gives me one. If he ever forgets to give me one Emma gets very upset. She says "dad, what about mama?" and he runs over to give me my kiss. As we reverse out of the driveway, we all say "bye daddy" and then I say "bye daddy, bye John" so now Emma says "bye daddy John." I laugh so hard, so now she does it every morning, but now she says "bye John!" So funny.

Madison is talking up a storm lately. It's truly amazing. I think I've said before that she isn't as clear as Emma at times, but after a while we know what she is trying to say. I bought 3 pumpkins for Halloween, 1 big one and two little ones. Maddie is obsessed with them. I explained the whole Halloween thing and that you say "trick or treat" etc. So all day at home and at daycare she says "I go trick or treat with baby punkin." It's all we can do to tear her away from her pumpkin when we are leaving for daycare, or when it's time for them to go to bed. She carries it around with her everywhere!

They are both still completely obsessed with Princesses. Emma still has us call her Ariel and she designates who the rest of us are. So she will say "I Ariel, Maddie seeping beauty, mama Cinde-lella." I will ask what princess daddy is and she says "Jasmine" or "Belle." I bought them shoes for the upcoming wedding that they will be in (they are the flower girls) and I made the mistake of showing them to the girls. They wore them all night and Maddie had a tantrum at bedtime when I wouldn't let her wear them to bed. I had to hide them (along with their flower girl dresses) or else they would want to wear them all day every day! Julie is getting them ready for the big day. She does their hair everyday and puts flowers in them so they are used to them. She also has them carry baskets and scatter petals. She is so good that way! She is doing their hair on the day and they will look so cute. I will be sure to take lot's of pictures.

Emma is doing amazing on the potty. It looks like she will be fully trained by Christmas. She tells Julie she needs to pee even when she has her diaper on, she holds it (if they are at the park let's say) until she gets to a potty, and she gets very upset when she pees or poos in her diaper. Maddie was going strong at first but has now decided it's not for her at this time. No one is going to push her, she will be ready when she's ready.

We are getting ready to go to Ottawa for Thanksgiving. The girls can't wait because my parents have kitty cats (who run from the girls and hide the entire weekend), a pond, and a park within a few metres from their backyard. Not to mention the doting grandparents!

I should get to work now, but I will be posting regularly!

No comments: