Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Dad's Happy Birthday

It's John's birthday tomorrow and the girls are very excited. They know that with birthdays there is usually a cake. It's funny because even though they go on and on about cake, when they are actually served a piece, they never finish it and tend to just pick at it (and of course, mummy finishes it)! I told them we are getting dad golf shoes but that they can't tell dad it's a surprise (he already knew what we were getting him as he picked them out himself). So what do they do as soon as they see him today? "dad, we have a surprise for your happy birthday. We got you golf shoes." Good thing I wasn't really expecting them to keep it a secret. But to play along I said "Emma and Maddie, you ruined the surprise, we weren't supposed to tell dad until tomorrow". They looked a bit forlorn and Emma said "how about we pretend that dad's happy birthday is today." Well that works, but we don't have any cake!

The girls have taken to giving me one of their toys in the morning and I am to take it to my school. It's quite touching as a few times I have had the privilege of taking their favourite things. Today I got Emma's holiday barbie and yesterday I got the dog that Maddie sleeps with. If I forget to put it in my purse, they always remind me and get really upset if I've actually forgotten to bring the item into my work!

No comments: