Friday, February 19, 2010

You are not my mummy!

Emma can be a bit of a bear when she wakes up in the morning. This morning she was not a happy camper when I asked her to go to the bathroom. For some reason she refused and I calmly explained we wouldn't be getting her dressed or leaving for Julie's until she has tried to go pee. She proceeded to flounce around on the bathroom floor and then she said "you are not my daughter, only Madison's daughter" and I said "actually Emma, I am yours and Maddie's mummy, you are my daughers now and always." She then said "no, you are not my mummy, only Madison's mummy." I asked her why she said that and she said "cause you are not a nice mum you are a mean mum." I said "I'm sorry you are feeling that way but I am not changing my mind, you need to try and pee. A few minutes later she was fine, went pee and we were on good terms! She is so flightly! lol

On the way to Julie's we started talking about how we would be able to clean the outside of the car together once it is warmer. I asked if they would like to help wash the outside with buckets of soapy water and then Maddie says "and a peach?" It took me a minute to put it together but I remembered she calls the sponge in my parents bathroom a peach. So I said "yes, you can scrub the outside of the van with a peach!" Ha! So funny!

No comments: