Monday, February 1, 2010

Registered my babies for kindergarten!

The girls are officially registered in Junior Kindergarten. I can't quite believe it. It seems I blinked and almost 4 years have gone by. My dad once told me in my mid-twenties that life goes by really fast especially after you have kids. How true. The line-up was fast. My type A personality made sure I was there well before 9, so I was about 6th in line. This means I should get my request for Tuesday/Thursdays and alternate Fridays. I also need the girls and their friend Ben to be in school on the same days. This should work out too as per the receptionist. Ben's mom will be picking the kids up after school and I will be taking all 3 kids to Julie's on alternate days. It's a great arrangement and the girls and Ben are already great buddies.

The girls were very tired after Julie's today. They were up late last night as Ben was over for a playdate but got up at 7 for daycare. Maddie was asking to go to bed at 6 but I cuddled with her on the couch and kept her up until 7. She was asleep practically as her head hit the pillow. Emma was a little better but she tends to crash right before bed and gets cranky. They are both very excited about their birthday. I sent a few invitations to Julie's today as she often has the older kids (like Zoe and Rhett) on PA days. We don't see them a lot so I figured I better give them the invites today or else. So that sparked an entire "it's our birthday" discussion where I had to explain "not for another 6 weeks, that's a LOT of sleeps."! Emma wants this Queen Clarion figuring. It's a tiny thing for $12 but that is all she wants. Unfortunately it is only available in the states so we are trying to finagle some sort of arrangement where we get it shipped to someone we know in the states and they send it to me. Crazy! But she never wavers after she decides what she wants. Maddie is the opposite and it varies depending on what she is watching on tv! If' it's Dora, she wants a Dora doll. If it's Ariel she wants baby Ariel. I wish she would stick with one thing! lol I am sure they will love whatever we get them!

No comments: