Monday, February 8, 2010

Superbowl 2010

I have absolutely no interest in football but I do love an excuse for a gathering. We had some people over for the Superbowl. There were 7 adults, 5 kids under 4 and a 3-month-old. It was lot's of fun. We let the kids stay up and that meant mine got to bed at 10 (that is my regular bedtime)! They were wild by 8 pm and all 5 kids were running around and around the house giggling, hiding followed by taking a small break. The girls went all day today without a nap and of course within a minute of our house (literally on our street) Emma falls asleep. I carried her in, took her boots off and put her on the couch (still in her jacket). I tried waking her 3 times but she was out like a light, poor thing. We finally got her awake and she was not happy. She went right to bed within a half hour so she was exhausted. Maddie napped a little longer in the car but was still very tired. She had a major meltdown before bed because she wanted to leave for Ottawa today to see grandMA, grandPA, Rocky and Bailey. I managed to calm her down (barely) by telling her I would read her 3 stories on mummy's bed (this is a big treat, apparently) before bedtime, so that worked well. The cuddle and the stories seemed to work and my little girlies are off in slumberland as I type.

My friend Nicole, who was at our house yesterday and has a son, Ben, is visibly pregnant. As Emma sat on my lap she patted my belly and said "mummy, can you put a baby in there too?" I said "do you want mummy to have another baby" and she said "yes please." I told her she would have to share me with Maddie and the other baby, and share her toys too. She said that would be ok. I asked her if she wants to be a big sister and she said she did. I then broke it to her that I was not ready to have another baby but maybe another time. She seemed ok with this. Nicole is trying to get Ben (who is 3) used to her baby, who is due in July. When asked if Ben would share his toys with the new baby he said "no, I want to throw the new baby in the garbage!" Uh oh, they are in for it! Ha ha! She asked Ben what they should name the new baby and he said "Thomas" (after Thomas the Train) and Nicky asked what if it's a girl to which Ben replied "if it's a girl we name it Oatmeal!" Kids are hysterical!

No comments: