Wednesday, February 20, 2008

It's Not Easy Being Green...or red, or orange, or anything but Blue!

Well some of you may already know about the big bottle connundrum. We had to switch to BPA-free bottles for the health of our beloved girls. Emma did not like the change, Maddie was fine with the switch. We got Emma some different bottles, that are similar to her old ones that she will use until we get the Born-Free glass bottles. Anyway, the BPA-free ones that Maddie uses are all different colours. Right away she took to the blue bottle. We have 3 blue out of 9 bottles. I tried to give Mads a different colour, but she stared at me and said "no, want boo baba" (I want the blue bottle). Ok fine. So, this morning, when we gave them their bottles, Emma pushed the bottle away and said "don't want orange, want boo." To which I replied "well Emma, that isn't orange, that is green. Do you want the green one?" "No, want boo baba." Of course, because milk tastes different n the blue bottle than any other. After switching to the blue bottle, she drank all of her milk. When I dropped them off at daycare, Maddie ran in and then ran right back when she realized she forgot to give me a kiss goodbye. Emma said "bye mum, have a good weekend."! Don't I wish, but it's only Wednesday! Julie, their daycare provider says that Emma is talking like a 3-year-old! She does have a pretty extensive vocabulary at this age and boy does she like to talk (just like her mummy)!

When John came home I went upstairs to change out of my work clothes and all I could hear was a high-pitched scream of "MINE" followed by John's voice saying "Madison, give it back to your sister, no hitting," Yeesh, those two can fight. Minutes later they were hugging each other and giving each other a kiss. Madison has definately been exerting herself and wanting more independence. She has had a couple of ridiculous tantrums, the likes of which John and I have never seen from her before. Sure, she had tantrums, but not like these ones. It's really hard not to laugh because she gets so mad. We ignore her and eventually she calms down. Oddly enough, Emma just sort of stares at her. I think she is a little scared herself!

Dinner tonight was supposed to be burritos. I asked the girls if they want a special sandwich for dinner and Madison said "no want sammich, want noodle." So we had noodles. At least she is eating! After that they at an entire container of raspberries (which they called strawberries). Then they played for a bit. At 6:30 Madison grabbed her books, and Emma put a pillow down on the floor and lay down. I asked if they were ready for night-night and they didn't say no, so off to bed they went. Now I am off to make sure the blue bottles are ready for tomorrow.

No comments: