Friday, February 1, 2008

Snow Day!

Since this is my first post, I will just pre-empt it by stating that the purpose of this it for me to recored the lives of my girls. It is pretty painful to record in a journal each night the old-fashioned way (you know, with a - gasp - pen) so I decided to get with the times. In case some of you who stumble on this think my gawd, all she does is talk about her kids, well, that is kinda the point of this blog. It IS their baby-blog!

The fam stayed home today, due to a heck of a lotta snow. Madison was up at 5:30, poor thing was congested, thanks to her dad passing on his cold. I snuck in to get her (I had to open the door a crack, crawl along the floor and scoop her out of her crib so as not to wake up Emma) and then I brought her to our bed. We got our new King-size bed last night, and boy is it massive! John didn't know Madison was in there with us (she was in there for an entire hour, just playing with my face and hair while I tried to sleep). She didn't utter a sound, other than the odd rustle of her lovey books. Maddie didn't know John was in there either! I think we are more than an arms-length apart in that thing! Love the new bed!

Emma woke up an hour later (early for her as well) and I watched the news and decided I didn't want to risk the drive in. So, we made pancakes and hunkered down to watch Monsters Inc., or Monsta as the girls like to call it. Cute movie. Then the girls played in their princess castle by themselves for ages. All I could hear was giggles and "tickle tickle!" When I peeked around the corner of their playroom to see what was going on, Emma said "Mum. Come in." When I didn't, she said "come in. NOW!" Yes boss! (I still think it's funny that she calls me "mum" when most kids her age say "mama" or "mummy" - maybe she is wise beyond her years)! So, into the princess bed I went, and we jumped around together and played with our dolls.

Their vocabulary is quite extensive at this age, and they have very strong and different personalities. Madison is laid-back and easy-going and Emma is intense and curious. Yesterday when I dropped them off at daycare, Emma looked up towards the sky and said "hey guys, airplane." Guys is a word she picked up from daycare (much to the dismay of my dad, the feminist who would correct us and say "girls" everytime we said "guys!") They also like to shout "awesome" when they are doing something fun. They are very protective of me, to the point where if there are kids on television, they stick their hands up as if to say stop and they yell "no, my mummy" at the tv. Hard to explain to almost-two-year-olds that the kids in the tv are not a threat to them! They do this to kids at the mall as well. Kids who aren't anywhere near me, or even looking in my direction, yet the girls will stake their territory. They love animals, they are amazing sleepers (at least 12 hours a night, usually 13) and they are little cuddle-bunnies. This is a great age!

No comments: