Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Memorable Moments

John's birthday was yesterday, and try as I might, the girls wouldn't say happy birthday on demand (and why should they)! But today, Emma actually sang "happy birthday" to him. Add that to her calling him John yesterday and you have some pretty memorable momments! I am always amazed at what they learn at daycare. They had a birthday party last week (one of the other kids turned 3) and they all sang happy birthday together. I love how much they learn and Julie, who takes care of them is amazing. She actually told me today that she would like a younger child to take care of as well as the girls next year, because she thinks it will help them learn to share, and to have a younger person to look after. Especially Madison, because she is very maternal and she loves to take care of her dolls. She is very gently with babies - she touches the top of their heads with such care and she will put their soosies (soothers) in if they need it. One of the other kids will be in school full time, so she has an opening, and she is looking for someone that will benefit my girls the most. She truly loves them (don't we all)!

What I am struggling with these days is getting them into their carseats. They have both discovered the van has a little hook that pulls out above their windows, you know the one that we would hang our dry cleaning from. So before they will go in their carseats, they say "I reach it. I reach it." This means they pull it out and push it in. Sometimes the old "ok girls, two times and then sit down" warning works. Other times, I am practically sitting on them to get them in their seats while they scream! Madison's tantrums are fierce these days, just fierce. Emma is a much better sport about it and you can usually make her laugh before the tantrum takes off. Knowing it's only a phase makes it a bit easier.

After dinner tonight John and the girls were playing in the Princess castle. I was cleaning up in the kitchen and all of a sudden I heard this booming voice saying "SIT DOWN NOW!" I figured someone was talking to John and then I heard it again. I looked up and there was Emma, standing a few feet away staring at me, pointing to the Princess castle and yelling "SIT DOWN NOW MUM!" Maddie chimed right in saying "Mummy, SIT DOWN!" They definately know what they want! I finished what I was doing and climed into the Princess castle. I tickled them as they giggled, they showed me their babies (their dolls) and Emma said "hug baby, baby cute." So I hugged the baby and Madison tickled Emma and Emma tickled Maddie. I had a whole bunch of things that I had to get done, but nothing would take me from that moment with them. They are growing up so fast and I need to hang on to these special times with them and enjoy every second.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Pam and John: I read your blog frequently and leave laughing every time. You're a great writer Pam. You should think about a book for kids (seriously). Love Nancy B.