Saturday, May 8, 2010

From the mouths of babes!

Every night I tell the kids a bedtime story. I make these up and some days they can get quite elaborate and the girls get a big kick out of them. Last week we were driving Auntie Julie up to the church and Emma asked if she could tell her one of my bedtime stories. I said of course and so she started. This story, in a nutshell, is about an abominable snowman who wants to eat children but Maddie and Emma convince him he should eat veggies (I try but it turns into cake) instead. So Emma is telling the story. Halfway through I turn to Julie and say "wow, she is really good, she is telling it word for word the way I say it." No sooner do I say that when she gets to the part about what the abominable snowman eats, and instead of saying he eats cake Emma says "and he eats daddy's stinky peanut and mummy's stinky vagina." Yep, the giant hole to swallow me up could not have come soon enough. Thank goodness Julie has a sense of humour and she was laughing so hard tears were streaming down her face the entire car ride. I said "on my children's lives that is NOT part of the story!" She believed me and Emma was giggling in the back as if she had planned the whole thing. Cheeky monkey!

No comments: