Sunday, January 3, 2010

Day 3 of 2010

I'll come up with more interesting titles as the year progresses, I am sure. Today is my last day of the holiday vacation (I was off for two weeks). It's depressing having to go back but at the same time I am looking forward to getting back into the routine of things. I told the girls they would be going to Julie's tomorrow and they were fine with that. They asked why and I said "mummy and daddy have to go back to work" and Emma asked "why?" (her new favourite word) and I said "to make money so we can live in our house and have food to eat" and Maddie said "food like broccoli?" Yep, like broccoli. I have been enlisting the help of the girls over dinnertime. I have found that they try new things if they have a hand in making it. Emma never ate broccoli but I had her help me make a dressing that we sprinkled over broccoli and she ate all of hers. I couldn't believe it. She keps saying "this is delicious!"

The girls were playing in the playroom today on their etch-a-sketch type toys. Emma came into the kitchen and said "mama, may I have a word?" It was so cute! I said "of course" and it turns out she wanted me to see her drawing. They are both very good at drawing. Maddie in particular as she spends more time on hers and she colours everything in the lines. She can draw whales and faces really well (better than me)!

This is going to be a busy week getting back into the swing of things, and it's a cold one (- 17 and worse). Hopefully it's not too bad Wed and Thurs when I go running. I skipped my run this morning as it was - 24 (winds from the North at 50 km/hour)! The conditions didn't look safe so I gave it a miss. Turns out I could have gone, the other die-hard runners were out there. Next time I will just do it!

No comments: