Saturday, January 9, 2010

Musical Monsters!

Today was their first day of Musical Maestros. Not sure what was up with my two girls, but the sweetie pies that are usually Emma and Maddie were replaced by these horrific, whiny, cranky-pants! At one point when I was trying to get them dressed, to the washroom and out the door for class I had had it with Emma (who was not listening and not co-operating when getting dressed). So I said "I'm leaving, and you aren't ready so you can stay home with dad" (who was upstairs sleeping as it was his sleep-in morning). I went out to the garage to start the car (knowing she would think I was leaving) and when I came back, she was sobbing so hard that she was practically convulsing and was definately dry-heaving! It reminded me of when she got the H1N1 shot, I thought she would vomit! This kid really works herself up! She has only done this a handful of times, when I first started time-outs, when she got the shot and today as she obviously thought I was leaving without her (little does she know that was never my intention but I admit I wanted her to think it was). So I calmed her down and asked her if she was ready to be a good listener and ready to get dressed and she said she was. She later apologized. It's funny, as I never force them to apologize. Why bother, as they are only saying it because I am forcing them to, they don't mean it. But both kids almost always apologize for whatever major infraction albeit they do it hours later. Maddie often does it at night! It's almost like she is confessing her sins before bed! lol She will say "sorry I hit Emma and then sorry I spilled my chocolate milk" and I have to think for a second to when she did that. "Oh right, ok Maddie, thanks for saying sorry." But when they say it of their own accord, I know they actually mean it. So hours after the class was over, Emma came over and said "sorry I wasn't being a good listener." Sweet! When we got to the class it was a bit strange. They had no problem when we started dance class and swimming classes. They ran to the instructors without even noticing I wouldn't be there. But this morning, Maddie was clinging to me and Emma wanted up (saying she was shy. Yeah right. I could think of a thousand adjectives for Emma before using shy to describe her). They didn't want me to leave even when I assured them I would be in the lounge. And this is the same building that they went to for dance. They are with two of the same kids, but something was off with them today. They eventually went, but when I picked them up after the class was over, Emma said she didn't want to go back. I asked her later in the day if she liked it and wanted to go again and she said yes, so maybe she will be more into it next week. I hope so!

Tomorrow is Makua's second birthday party (Makua is my nephew) and it is at a pool. I told the girls that mummy and daddy would be swimming with them tomorrow and Maddie says "ok mummy, you can go but dada has to watch." I asked her why and she said "cause dada don't have any hair." I asked her why that mattered but she didn't explain it to me, she just kept repeating he has no hair so he can't go swimming. It's funny how their minds work!

No comments: