Thursday, January 14, 2010

I guess I won't be retiring early

We asked the girls tonight what they want to be when they get bigger. I was fully expecting to hear "a princess" or "a ballerina" or even "a mummy" (Maddie loves to pretend she is mummy to a plethera of dolls we have around the house). But no, Emma said a "type"-rope walker and Maddie said she wants to blow big pink bubbles. Anyone know what the pay is like for those jobs? Ha ha!

We picked up their kindergarten registration packages. Yes that's right. My babies are going to school this year! I cannot believe how fast the time has flown. John and I have decided to start them off in separate classes if we can (they go on Mon/Wed and alternate Fridays or Tues/Thurs and alternate Fridays). Obviously I want them on the same day for logistical reasons, but if they have a few kinder classes we will put them in different ones. The schools tend to encourage that twins be in separate classes eventually, so why not start them off that way from the get-go. I never worried about mine being in the same class as they really have their own identities and they are not dependent on each other socially, as some twins are. But, I don't want them to be in a situation where there is too much competition, or where a teacher will be comparing them to one another. Imagine "I got an A on my test and she only got a B." Or whatever the case may be. If they have different teachers, the learning environment will be different and it will take away a bit of that competition. Auntie Julie is getting them ready for school so they already know how to get their snowpants, jackets and boots on all by themselves and they can do the whole potty thing by themselves. Yes they have been potty trained for ages, but I would still lift them on the toilet and wipe them. They do that now by themselves. They can put on a backpack and even zip it up. My little girls are growing up. WAH!

No comments: