Sunday, January 10, 2010

Swimming Sunday

The girls have been asking since we woke up this morning when we are going swimming. The party doesn't start until 3 so it's been a long day! They were up this morning around 7:30 and went and turned on their cartoons. The tv was loud so it woke me up but it's ok as I was about to get up at 8 to get ready for my Sunday run anyway. The girls are much better at accepting that I go running 3-4 times a week. They see me in my running gear and know where I am going. They have asked a few times if they can go too and I tell them when they are older. I hope they do want to run with me, that would be great.

Emma has been off this weekend which might mean she is coming down with something (it usually does). She is super clingy and seems low in energy. They don't really nap much anymore but I feel today she could have used one. But we are leaving soon for the pool party, so unless she naps on the way there it's not going to happen. Hopefully the distraction of swimming and the party after will be enough to get her out of this mood.

Maddie was cute this morning. I told her she couldn't have a piece of gum and she came over to me, stuck her face in mine and said "I don't like you mama." I said "I love you Maddie" and she said "no, you can't love me because I don't like you." I said "you can be mad at me for saying no to come, but you can still love me at the same time." At this point she gave a look like she was really thinking about what I had said. I asked her if she loved me and she said "I think, well, yes." But it was in a very angry voice! lol So cute!

No comments: