Friday, March 12, 2010

2 more sleeps!

The girls will be 4 on Sunday. Wow, wow, wow. I still cannot get over it. I guess the passage of time is something that flits by, especially once you have kids. I am excited for them to embark on this new phase and yet it is bittersweet, as they really are little girls, and not babies or even toddlers anymore. I know, I know, I say they will always be my babies, and they will. But they will become more and more independent of me and that will be hard. I love the cuddles, hugs and kisses and the fact that they still want "up" (I remember when it used to be "uppie peas" instead of "can I come up please mummy")? But since I can't stop it, I will try and embrace it. They are super excited about their birthday party. They had a mini one at daycare today and then tomorrow will be their party with 12 of their friends and on Sunday we will celebrate with just our family. Emma will be so excited to get her Queen Clarion (please send vibes that she doesn't lose the darn thing within a day) and hopefully Maddie loves her mermaid Barbie (the kid changes her mind within minutes)! Tomorrow they are also performing in their musical, "The Lady with the Alligator Purse." They know all their lines, it's just a matter of whether or not they decide to perform on demand! It's right before their b-day party. Tomorrow will be a very exciting day!

No comments: