Sunday, March 7, 2010

Maddie has a crush

My cousin Dan is in town from Madison, and our own Madison is quite smitten! She followed him around the entire visit and this morning she asked if he would be coming with them when their dad takes them out for pancakes. I told her yes. 5 minutes later she came to me and asked:

"mum, is the funny guy who sleeps in grandma and grandpa's room going to sit beside me?" and I said "his name is Dan and you will have to ask him." So cute! We got a great picture of them snuggling together on the couch. She will for sure throw a fit when he leaves tomorrow!

I ran in a 10 km race today and I came in first. There were only 20 or so people running, but still, I will claim that first place! I ran it in 54:45 which I was ecstatic about as I just wanted to break 60 min. I can definately improve in the next race because this was a fun run and I wasn't implementing my true race style (faster in the beginning for example). I told John to go for pancakes with the girls as is their usual Sunday routine, but I regretted not having them there to cheer me on at the finish line. Oh well, next time.

When John took them to the mall today they ran into Old Navy and Emma hugged the mannequin family that is on display in the front of the store. So cute! She also said she would marry John (it's always grandpa) when she is older, after her Happy Birthday.

No comments: