Monday, March 22, 2010

Sick kiddies are now on the mend

Emma and Maddie caught some sort of bug. Saturday morning at 3 am Maddie came into our room as she had thrown up in her bed. She threw up again at around 3, 9 and repeated the whole thing the following night. Sunday Maddie seemed to be on the mend and then it hit Emma. Emma didn't get it as badly as Maddie, but she still threw up twice yesterday and was very listless. I stayed home today to make sure they were over this thing and to ensure they didn't pass it along to the little kids at their daycare. It is now 3 pm and after a bout of fighting (a sure sign they are better) they are playing happily in the fort I made them. When they were fighting I gave them a warning that if it kept up I would take the fort down. I walked over a few minutes after and Maddie says "see, we are playing. She is smiling and I am smiling. Emma is happy and I am happy. See? See? We are friends. Don't take the fort down!" lol

In spite of their illness, we had a nice weekend with my parents who were here Sat- Mon. It was reassuring have them here with the girls being sick as they are parents and have been through many rounds of us sickies! I tend to panic, and this was the girls time they had thrown up in 4 years (not including spit up as babies) so I was a tad worried but they are fine now.

No comments: