Monday, March 1, 2010

Interesting bedtime conversations!

During tonight's tuck-in at bedtime Maddie says "mummy, do all humans get dead?" Not quite what I was expecting considering our normal routine consists of stories about princesses, cuddles and kisses. I asked her what she meant and then she went on some strange tangent about Tarzan and subsequently forgot her original question, so I've dodged that one indefinately. John and I are very honest with the girls but we keep things age appropriate so as not to scare them and so they understand what we are telling them. Yesterday at a friend's house Emma asked him about the tattoo on his arm. He hesitated as he did not know if he should tell her it's a tattoo (he doesn't have kids yet but his wife is expecting a girl). I told him to tell her the truth. Kids absorb a lot and are aware of a lot, no point in lying to them. But I wasn't about to have Maddie worry that all humans get dead! That's a conversation for another time.

Emma and I were watching the cross country 50 km marathon during the Olympics. There was a skiier way out front ahead of the rest of the pack. I guess she couldn't tell if he was in front or behind because she says to me "I think that fella is lost!" So cute. She also asked if dad (John) was my husband and I replied that he was. She then says "did you get married in the marrying castle with the kiss of true love?" to which I responded "um, yes, I suppose we did!" lol

1 comment:

LivingInAurora.ca said...

Oh kids, they are so adorable.
Thanks for sharing your story.
Anna