Thursday, March 18, 2010

Gorgeous March Day

We had another gorgeous day today. I think it reached 20 degrees. It was a tad cool in the wind in the morning, but other than that beautiful! The girls and I kickstarted our day with a trip to Loblaws to get groceries. They were very good listeners the whole time and it was a real treat having them help me choose the fruits and vegetables (their faves are strawberries, blueberries, pink lady apples, broccoli and baby carrots). After dropping the groceries off at home we went to the park. The girls had a blast and we were there 2 hours. Emma came over to tell me that one of the big boys didn't want to play with her and it made her cry. Poor thing! Maddie would call out to me each time she got through the tunnel "by myself!" as this was something she could not do last year. Huge difference at the park. I could actually sit on the bench and watch them without fear of them falling off or getting tousled around when the bigger kids play "grounders." After a fun day we went home and watched The Princess and the Frog. Love that movie, as do the girls. Another great day of March break. It's going by too fast! Tomorrow we head to the "snake zoo" (the Metro Zoo) as Emma likes to call it!

No comments: