Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Back to normal!

Monday was the first day back to work after the break, but I stayed home due to the girls being ill. We finally got everyone on the mend and back to the regular routine. I picked the girls up today from Julie's and they were beaming with excitement! They had gone outside to play and they saw bugs and they poked them with sticks! Apparently this is uber exciting for 4-year-olds! Equally exciting was the juicy orange they got to eat and Maddie chimed in with "and I got to eat lot's and lot's of broccoli!" Yes, my kid adores broccoli! So much so, that last night she threw a bit of a fit because we didn't have broccoli for dinner (we were having noodles, at her request)! She is funny, she is VERY set in her ways and stubborn (sound familiar)? This morning she decided she wanted pancakes, which she has every Sunday with John. I explained that today was Wednesday and we wouldn't be having pancakes and she went into her "want pancakes now" routine in which she reverts back to being a 2-year-old! I calmly told her she needs to speak in her big girl voice because she sounds like a baby. She then slid under our dresser and decided she wouldn't come out. All of this happened before she even got dressed for the day! Sigh. She finally snapped out of it and then she was happy as a clam! Strange!

As I was getting ready to run tonight Emma says "you can't go running mummy because I love you the best and you need to stay here and fight the crocodiles!" Uh-huh! They always ask to run with me and I tell them when they are older they can so Emma says "when I all growed up I will run too, like this" and she proceeds to run around our bedroom! Too cute!

No comments: