Monday, January 24, 2011

Bon Appetit!

Today Emma decided to take her apple cinnamon muffin, half a banana and her chocolate milk snack and mash them together in a bowl. She bring this concoction over to me and proudly presents her masterpiece and asks me to try it. I do the old fake try. But no, my Emma is too smart for that and she says "eat it for real please, mummy? I made it special for you." Not one to stifle creativity nor push aside her inner Martha Stewart, I take a big bite and hope for the best. And by golly, it was delicious! I praise her and she says "bon appetit" and leaves the rest with me. She's really into mixing and making potions, which can get messy at times, but again, she's having fun and no harm done.

Both kidlets still have coughs and sniffles. Maddie powers through and then crashes at night. Emma has been resting at Julie's, even forfeiting going outside for a rest on the couch. So I know she really is under the weather because my kids will go outside over anything, anyday! Hopefully they are completely over this thing soon, it's been dragging!

No comments: