Thursday, January 20, 2011

Sick Kids (but they are still funny)!

So the girls have nasty colds and fevers. Emma said "mama, I fink you needa put the fermometer in my ear." So sweet. The other night at midnight she came into my room and wanted to sleep in my bed because she was unwell. I didn't sleep much because she kept thrashing about or reaching over to touch me. I didn't want to move as I wanted her to sleep. At 4 am she says she wants to go back to her own bed., so she did. Neither one of us slept well but I enjoyed the snuggle time with her. She was ok the next day and went to daycare, but slept for 2.5 hours on the couch! The downside of having twins, or even two kids, is one is sick first and then the other. So what would be 3-4 days with one child turns in to over a week so today it's Maddie's turn. She is very tired and coughing and can barely keep her eyes open so early to bed for her. On a funnier note, we were at my friend Carey's house, who has a guinea pig. Maddie was playing with the guinea pit and with Carey's daughter, 11, who is also named Madison. At one point my Madison turned to the other Madison and said "do you speak guinea pig?" So cute!

No comments: