Monday, March 10, 2008

Day 2 of the break (not counting weekends)!

The girls slept in until 8:15 this morning! I heard them at around 7:45 but they didn't say "where mummy?" until 8:15, so I got a chance to slowly wake up. I often stand outside their room for a few minutes before going in because they are so cute the way they talk to each other. They are still throwing everything in their cribs on the floor. When I go in they say that their friends are "down dere." I ask again "where are all your friends?" and usually Emma will respond with "look. down dere." So funny. Here are some cute things that the girls have been saying or doing in the last few days. I may have written some of these already, I didn't re-read my last post. Today at the mall, we went to pick up their Princess dresses (we are having their 2nd birthday party on Saturday, and it is Princess themed, what else)! As I was paying, Emma said "bye now lady" to the store clerk. Madison laughed hysterically at this. She thought it was so funny, so Emma took her cue and repeated it over and over. After each "bye lady" Emma would look to Maddie to make sure she was laughing (sure enough, she was). What a ham! Good thing the clerk thought they were adorable! On our way out, we stopped off to look at the Easter bunny. It's like Santa, you can sit with the bunny and get your picture taken. In the past, the girls (esp. Emma) have been quite nervous about giant animals, and they keep their distance (remember Emma with the Panda at the Royal Winter Fair)? But this time, they wanted to go sit with the bunny. We weren't dressed for pictures, and they had very messy faces (not to mention their hair) but the employees said they can just go and say hi if they want. There wasn't a line up, so off we went. They were very good with the bunny - blowing kisses, petting him and offering him their snacks. When it was time to go, WW3 broke out and it was all I could do to get them both back in the stroller. It was then I remembered why I don't let them out in the first place! If I had one baby, I could manage. But with two, no way. So we left the mall with both of them crying "bunny, bunny no bye-bye, want bunny." I said we could go later in the week and I will try not to break that promise!

Yesterday John made us our weekly Sunday pancakes. When he asked if the girls want pancakes, Emma said "yummy, I love pancakes." After eating them she said "delicious." Madison just grinned! It occurs to me that I am often telling stories of things that Emma says. She is a lot more chatty than Madison. Madison gets there in her own time, but Emm'a vocabulary is really advanced at this point. I try to balance out an Emma story with a Maddie story (you know one day they will be comparing) but sometimes it's not easy. I am sure it will even out eventually.

No comments: