Friday, March 14, 2008

Happy Birthday Baby Girls!

The twins turned 2 today ("Mach forteef" as they like to say). We had a pretty low-key day today as we are having their big Princess themed party tomorrow. They had their 2-year check-up at the doctor's office this morning. It was a pretty short one compared to the others. They just weighed them, measured their height and answered my list of questions. No needles, thank goodness. I don't know who is worse when they have to get shots, them or me! Emma did not want to be weighed or measured. She is still traumatized from her visit to the walk-in clinic when she had to get her ears flushed to check for an ear infection (which she had and was treated with antibiotics). So John got weighed on his own and then while holding Emma and we subtracted the difference. Maddie has gained a whopping 2 pounds since January, and is now 22 pounds and Emma is 25 pounds. They are perfect and healthy and were very well behaved today. We stopped a lot of traffic getting from the car to the appointment. The girls walk everywhere now, we only take the stroller on really long trips. We got home around 11:30 and they were quite tired in the car on the way home, so at noon we put them down for their naps. Flashback to Monday, when they didn't nap! I ran around doing errands and I got a call from John while in Walmart. Before he even spoke I could hear the squealing in the background so I knew they didn't sleep. John took them into see his old coworkers, while I cleaned the house for the party. They napped in the car for about ten minutes! They did really well considering they were running on empty, but they were very excited because Grandma and Grandpa came to visit. They are now sleeping soundly and I will update again tomorrow after the Princess Party! I just hope they nap tomorrow!

2 comments:

Sandra said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Sandra said...

Happy birhtday Maddie and Emma!!

Sandra