Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Mummy dis fun!

Before I talk about today, I need to update what happened yesterday. So they didn't nap, I ended up going to get them after an hour and a half. I knew it would be tough, as they need their naps, but they were surprisingly good. They played in their Primess Castle by themselves (I was in the next room) for an hour. By 4:30 they started to crash and by 5:00 Emma was sound asleep on the couch and Maddie was sound asleep sprawled on her back in my lap. So cute, but I knew I had to wake them soon or they wouldn't sleep at night. I gave them about a half hour and then I woke them. Big mistake. They were wrecked! Crying, stumbling around, wanting to be picked up the whole time I was making dinner. You get the picture. When John got home things got a bit easier. Giving them a bath was a good way to keep them up until their proper bedtime. The bath worked wonders. They love bathtime. Things were great, until we saw the floaters (a.k.a. Maddie's poop) filling the tub! So out they came and i got them in their jammies as John dealt with the poop! heh heh! Glad it wasn't me! They managed to stay awake until 6:45 and then they were out like a light and I didn't hear them until 8:15 this morning. Talk about catching up on their sleep!

John is home today, so we took the girls to Tiny Tots, an indoor playground in Newmarket. We walked in and Emma said "Hi guys" to the other kids. She went up to everyone and said hi - it was really cute. Maddie was a little shy but then she got going and they ran around going up and down the slide for an hour and a half! I was tired just watching them! It was nice because last summer when I took them, it was really hard as they were a lot younger and not as independent in their play. Today, they would run through the tunnel and up to the top of the slide all by themselves. When Emma got to the top she would say "Mummy, watch me, I right here." Maddie would get to the top and said "one, two, free, bumblebee." We only had a minor injury, when Maddie hit her face on the slide at the bottom. She cried for a bit and then she "shook it off!" When we sat down to eat lunch, Emma turned to me and said "mummy, dis fun." Maddie had a mouthful of noodles and she said "hmmmmm, fun!" Very successful and when we came home for their nap, I didn't hear a peep! They were zonked! What a difference a day makes!

1 comment:

Sandra said...

I know twins are tough work, but having a built in playmate for your kid 24/7 has it's advantages! Just think, if you only had one, YOU would be the one running around and playing for an hour and 1/2!