Wednesday, March 5, 2008

Smart Girls!

As I mentioned in a previous post, I am always pleasantly surprised when I learn the girls know something new. I have been trying to teach them that they will be 2 on their next birthday. They know the number 2, but they have yet to respond when I ask "how old are you?" So today, as I was changing Emma for bed, I said "do you know you will be 2 on your birthday?" and she said "Mach fourteeth." My jaw must have hit the floor. I picked her up half-dressed and ran her to the kitchen where John was making bottles. I asked "Emma, when is your birthday" and she said again "Mach fourteeth." John was just as thrilled. Then Maddie ran in saying "fourteeth, fourteeth.!" This is the result of Julie, their daycare provider. She has taught them their last name, and their birthday (and many other things as well). We played for a little bit and then they went to bed. It's now been an hour, and I could hear something that sounded like one of them crying. So I bounded up the stairs and stopped outside of their room in time to hear Maddie running her finger up and down her lower lip making that sound, and Emma laughing and saying "Maddie, funny." John and I are down here now listening to them scream (but a happy one) and laugh. At least they aren't crying!

No comments: