Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Nap Nightmares

Some of you might remember the nap he!! I went through last year around this time. Emma dropped down to 1 nap the week of her first birthday, while Madison took 2 naps until 14-15 months. So for 2-3 months I had to put Maddie down early enough so that her second nap coincided with Emma's only nap of the day, because boy did I need the break! Well, today on the way home from a visit to Aunt Sue's work, the girls were almost falling asleep (this is at 11 a.m when they had only been up since 8 a.m). It was all I could do to keep them awake until we got home. But once we got home it seems they got a second wind and it wasn't until 12:30 that I ended up putting them upstairs for their nap. I was in the laundry room and I could hear them jumping up and down in their cribs, while practicing for some kind of screaming contest (a good, happy scream, but a loud one nonetheless). I figured they needed some down time before sleeping. Well, an hour and a half later and they did not take a minute of a break. Towards the end, their happy sounds turned into cries as they called "mummy, where are you?" I got a bit stressed trying to decide if I should leave them for a bit hoping they will eventually sleep, or do I go to get them knowing I will have crabby girls for the rest of the day, and early sleepers, meaning they would be up early tomorrow etc. It's a lot to think about! I decided to go up as they did not sound like they would sleep anytime soon. Emma was sitting there with all of her toys on the floor and her feet sticking through the crib rails (she can get herslef out if she wants to). I picked her up and got her sorted and i looked over at Maddie. Her crib was empty too and she was sitting there in just a t-shirt. Yes, she had pulled off her pants and her diaper (they were on the floor with the rest of her stuff) and was sitting there grinning ear to ear. "Maddie" I asked, "Why are you naked?" "Cause." Alrighty then! They are now jumping in the Princess castle (of course) and they seem happy (for now)! Let's hope the mood continues until bedtime!

No comments: