Tuesday, March 4, 2008

Everybody Hugs!

A few things stand out today that I can write about. At daycare drop-off this morning as I was bringing them from the car to the house, Emma saw a bird and she got all excited and yelled "birdie - hi birdie!" Then the bird flew over the roof and out of sight and she said "uh oh, mummy, birdie gone. Why birdie gone? Come here now birdie!" I guess she will soon learn that try as she might she cannot control the birds. Then she reacted to what sounded like an owl (but probably wasn't) and she said "what dat?" and I explained that it is the birds talking, and that she will have to ask Grandpa what the bird is saying because grandpa can talk to birdies. She said "grandpa birdie?" No Ems, grandpa is not a birdie, but he can talk to them!

Maddie went all day without a nap. She was super tired when I picked her up at daycare. Emma went through a similar phase a couple of months ago. When Madison is tired, she is usually pretty tantrum-y and irritable. But today, she was beyond tired, to the point where she was quite obedient! Usually she wants to put on her own jacket (which is great), walk to the van on her own, and play with the van hook before settling into the carseat. Today she barely lifted her arms while I put her jacket on, she wanted to be carried to the van and she flopped right into her carseat. I thought for sure she would fall asleep in the ride home. She didn't, but her eyes were very glazed and droopy. She did very well and made it all the way to 6:30 before collapsing in my lap. She was even super cuddly with John, which she hasn't been for awhile. Emma was a loving sister. I told her that Maddie was tired and she needs to rest. Emma went and found her two books for her (the ones she sleeps with) and said "night night Maddie." When we go upstairs to put them to bed, after we go through the kissing ritual, Emma says "Hugs everybody" and we all hug one another twice. They are usually pretty quiet but tonight I could hear Emma saying "Maddie seeping?" and Maddie wasn't responding, so I think Emma got her answer!

No comments: